“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.”
Here at Mascoma Cooperative Preschool we are taking multiple measures to protect our students, families, and the community from the spread of Covid-19. Our director and lead teacher, Suzanne Gooch, has done extensive research to create a Covid-19 handbook to ensure we are following all CDC and state guidelines. To view that document, please reach out to Suzanne. Below are some of the key points:
- Before anyone enters the classroom they must wash or sanitize their hands
- All hard surfaces will be disinfected throughout the day, and learning centers will be sprayed with Lysol at the end of each day
- Soft toys, pillows, etc. will be stored until further notice
- Staff, helping parents, and students will be required to wear a mask; positive guidance with lessons in germ management will be used to encourage success in wearing a mask appropriately
- Children are limited to groups of three at learning centers and activities will be spaced out to promote social distancing
- Personal belongings will not be allowed in the classroom
- Total group size (students and adults) will not exceed 15 people
- Children will have individual sensory tubs
- Spaces marked on the floor to help students maintain social distance when in circle and lining up
- Daily screenings prior to admittance
- Extensive protocols to ensure children presenting even mild symptoms of illness stay home, including a mandatory 14-day quarantine period if a child or family member has been exposed to a suspected or confirmed case of Covid-19
MCP has always prided itself on maintaining a clean and safe classroom environment, including daily sanitizing practices and thorough weekend cleaning.
Additionally, this year MCP will have an outdoor classroom space!
Because MCP is a private preschool, we do not share our space with other groups, minimizing the potential for contamination from outside sources. Our playground is locked and not accessible to the public.